Financial Controller | London
Hello, I’m Bleach London!
The meteoric rise of hair brand Bleach London is best described by Time Out as “The grungy salon that pioneered the dip-dye, then conquered the globe.” The female-led, boundary-pushing business was launched by Alex Brownsell and Sam Campbell in 2010 as the world’s first salon focused on colour.
With a closely knit family of international premises, ever-expanding vegan product range and intuitive digital salon services, Brownsell and Campbell have reimagined the way people approach their hair. They’re on a mission to make Bleach’s expertise accessible to all, so anyone can express themselves through their hair colour affordably and informatively.
To date, the company has sold over £30million worth of products in the UK alone and is carried in retailers including Boots, Cult Beauty and ASOS. The coveted Bleach brand, regularly featured in Vogue, Dazed, i-D and more, paired with its pioneering approach, marks a new era in digital beauty and at-home hair dyeing.
With a team of dedicated specialists across creative, colour chemistry, styling, retail, marketing, social, digital, data and global operations, Bleach saw a 600% D2C growth in 2020 and is set to continue to expand in 2021. New market launches including the USA will continue to reinforce Bleach’s position as a leader in the £40billion hair colourant category.
We’re a diverse and credible team and the Financial Controller is central to delivering on our ambition.
A bit about the role
We are looking for an energetic and adaptable Financial Controller with a track record of adding value to consumer focussed organisations. You will proactively seek out and implement initiatives that improve the finances and controls of the business.
You will be comfortable working with all levels of the organisation including the Private Equity /VCT investors and be able to act at pace without losing discipline.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of the finance operations team, it’s processes and controls ensuring compliance with all statutory laws and financial regulations.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly performance reports
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts.
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Streamlining and improving accounting systems and operations.
- Robust working capital management
- On time accurate cash flow forecasting
- Managing the audit process.
- Contributing to the company financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- Supporting the CFO in presenting financial reports to senior management and all stakeholders.
Must have experience:
- Qualified ACA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good knowledge of UK accounting legislation, VAT, payroll, corporation tax etc
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
Here’s what we think about Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging…
At Bleach London we want the diversity of our team to reflect the diversity of our customers. We pride ourselves on an inclusive work environment where everyone feels supported and respected which in turn nurtures new ideas, thinking and approaches.