An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Management Accountant with past exposure to statutory reporting to join the high-performing finance function of an international insurance group. The key purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Reporting with the monthly and quarterly production of the organisation’s management accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of accounting records to provide an accurate picture of the financial position of the organisation, which comply with statutory requirements and accounting standards
- Processing of journals on a monthly basis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of relevant SOX controls
- Analytical reviews and commentary
The successful candidate will, alongside the company’s auditors, assist with the preparation of the annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards and assist with FCA regulatory reporting.
Candidates will be qualified accountants (those not yet qualified but with relevant profiles will be considered) with significant accounts preparation experience. Relevant insurance industry exposure will be looked upon very favourably but is not a pre-requisite.
On offer is a generous salary (up to £65,000) plus bonus and benefits. The role is currently remote and a flexible approach to office-based working will be adopted post-COVID.
Ideally, candidates will be available to start within the next month.