This Financial Controller vacancy presents a great career opportunity for a qualified accountant to join the UK division of a highly successful international engineering group. Reporting to the CFO of this £60-70m multi-entity business you will play a key role in delivering exceptional financial reporting, control and compliance.
What will you be doing?
Leading a team of 5 qualified and part qualified staff your remit as Financial Controller will include:
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly reporting pack to operational businesses and group HQ
- Providing insightful performance reports and analysis at operating business level to ensure sound understanding of results and effective decision making
- Driving the annual business planning process with regular review and forecasting
- Working capital management across all entities, ensuring full optimization of cashflow
- Overseeing inventory management and controls
- Ensure robust financial controls and compliance are adhered to ensuring best practice and meeting group and external regulatory standards
- Preparation of all statutory returns and disclosures including VAT and corporation tax
- Relationship management of external bodies including auditors, tax advisors and insurance companies
- Development of the team with ongoing review and development of systems, processes and procedures to maximise efficiency and compliance
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role as Financial Controller you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACMA/ACCA) with a strong and progressive career track record to date
- Proven experience of leading a team and providing rigorous financial reporting, control and compliance at group level, ideally with a corporate / group head office.
- Great attention to detail with strong analytical skills and a passion for getting results right first time
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use & develop BI / MIS tools
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and influence in an engaging manner at all levels including to non-finance business leaders
- Prior experience of delivering robust business plans and forecasts
- Team focused but highly self-accountable
To apply for this permanent position that will offer a competitive salary, car allowance and bonus please forward your CV including details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU / UK on a permanent full time basis. Due to the high volume of applications we will only respond to candidates that are selected for interview.