Fund Controller - Real Estate Fund | Yardi Experience Required
A rapidly growing pan-European real estate investment manager with investments in Europe. The business has grown rapidly expanding, having completed a number of impressive deals and is looking to hire a Fund Controller.
The company is a boutique giving the successful candidate the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the entire company as the investment portfolio grows and to get involved with the multitude of investments taking place. Initially taking on a finance remit before taking on commercial responsibilities.
We are looking to hear from Fund Accountants / Senior Fund Accountants from the real estate investment management industry who are familiar with Lux structures and also the system Yardi.
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set-up process
- Supporting the acquisition investment teams in new deal transactions.
- Liaising with fund board members to coordinate the approval of transactions and other regulatory requirements
- Overseeing fund administrators and custodians to confirm that they are accurately and efficiently reflecting all activity across the funds
- Taking primary responsibility for the fund accounting process and preparing management accounts monthly/quarterly
- Assisting with producing fund performance metrics and variance analysis
- Management of the annual fund audits, ensuring strict reporting deadlines are met
- Assisting in the timely and efficient production of periodic investor reporting
- Overseeing the fund budgeting and forecasting process working closely with the investment management teams
- Oversight of the quarterly distribution forecast and analysis
- Oversight and input into Yardi to ensure Budgets and purchase orders all accurately recorded
- Other ad-hoc duties as required to support the wider team
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA) with post-qualified experience in real estate fund accounting and reporting
- Experience in maintaining cash flow forecasts and budgets
- Experience working with and supervising external service providers
- Yardi experience essential
- Knowledge of IFRS and FRS 102 are necessary
- Experience in managing statutory audit process, including reporting under IFRS, U. GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP
For immediate consideration, please apply now or contact Sunil Basra for further information.