Finance Director (Software / SaaS)
Our retained client is a private equity backed Software / SaaS business looking to bring in an ambitious Finance Director, to work closely with the founder and investors in the continued scaling and International growth for the business. (Currently experiencing circa 20% year on year growth). This individual will be a pivotal member of the senior leadership team, who will play a key part in driving shareholder value.
As the Finance Director, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working as a strategic, commercial and operational partner to the Founder / Investor.
- Stakeholder management of external advisors, bankers, lawyers, private equity and auditors.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Take overall control of the company’s finances, and develop a small finance team, ensuring that the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Key commercial contribution to the business plan to increase their market share.
- Working capital management, FX and treasury responsibilities.
- Ongoing development of management information, commercial analysis and KPI suite to support the senior management team.
- Provide commercial support to develop the current pricing strategy
- Take responsibility for R&D Tax Credits.
- In addition to Finance you will look after HR and Operations
The successful candidate for this FD position will be an ambitious individual with experience within an International Software / SaaS business, and ideally someone with previous exposure to private equity investors. The business is justifiably proud of their culture and staff retention, so someone who matches their company values is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity where the client would consider an established Finance Director, or alternatively someone stepping up into their first Finance Director role. You must be able to demonstrate you can work with energy, gravitas and ambition, coupled with a track record of commercial and operational success to be considered for this opportunity.