Financial Controller - Construction - London
Financial Controller - Construction. Our Client is the development / construction arm of an established UK based investment company. Due to recent growth, they are now looking for a Senior Management Accountant/Financial Controller to manage the finance function for a construction project.
The Role will require the Financial Controller to fulfil the following duties;
- Working for a start-up development / construction business.
- Working with the MD in budgeting, forecasting and planning.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Submitting VAT returns.
- CIS Returns.
- Managing all aspects of transactional finance including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, receivable and payroll duties.
- Monitoring the budgets and costs.
- Conducting daily/weekly variance reports.
- Being responsible for the financial planning.
- Setting up systems and processes.
- Liaising with banks and lenders
The Person will ideally be a qualified accountant however this is not a pre-requisite however, they must be from a housebuilder / construction background and understand the full finance function of a construction site, as well as have project accounting experience. It is essential the person is IT savvy and be able to set up a new system along with all the procedures for this new site. The incumbent must be prepared to take a hands-on approach to their work whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism. This is a highly commercial role which will allow someone to 'mark their stamp' on a new function.
Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook