Our client, a market-leading manufacturer based in Cornwall are seeking an experienced Accounts Manager.
The main responsibility for this position will be to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts department, reporting into the Chief Operating Officer. Tasks will be varied to include the management of a small team, to management reporting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of management information such as Sales figures, P&L, balance sheets, various ad hoc reports and costings
- Provide management accounts in a timely manner
- Maintain all ledgers and the preparation of US Sales & Tax returns;
- Credit control
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Prepare monthly PAYE payments, including employees auto enrolment pension scheme
- Liaise with auditors and external stakeholders regarding financial information and queries
- Minimum of AAT Level 4, however ACCA / ACA or CIMA would be desirable along with 5 years' experience within a management / senior position
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of computerised accounts systems used within a SME environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Excel and integrated accounting systems
- Excellent organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a willingness to develop and learn new skills