Head of Commercial Real Estate Lending (PH)
Our client is a fast growing, entrepreneurial investment manager. Their passion is finding and funding great entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses in the real economy. They are currently seeking a Head of Commercial Real Estate Lending to join the business who will play a vital role in the planning and delivery of the client’s commercial real estate lending activities.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a proven origination background and track record in the commercial real estate bridging and/or term lending space. There will be an initial focus on tickets of £2m - £10m but with scope to grow the mandate over time.
The role should appeal to candidates with a background in either credit funds or other types of specialised lending institutions.
Key skills and attributes :
The successful candidate will have a balanced set of technical skills, maturity and commercial acumen as well as enthusiasm to learn and develop by working within a team:
- Strategic thinker with ability to design and implement a strategy.
- Persuasive and charismatic approach.
- Proven experience within lending including structuring and executing deals.
- Detailed understanding of related legal matters and due diligence.
- Strong sense of ownership and task completion / deadline-driven.
- Ability to work independently and within a small team, as required.
- Inquisitive approach and problem-solving mentality.
This is a really good opportunity for a high calibre real estate lender who has established themselves over a number of years. There will be plenty of chance to grow the team and the remit and the inherent and practical support from the wider business will be significant.