Based in Watford, Hertfordshire, our international technology client is a seeking a part qualified/ finalist studier to join them as Finance Analyst.
This job would suit an ambitious part qualified ACCA or CIMA studier, who is most likely close to being qualified, to support the Head of Commercial Finance in in providing high quality financial and management information of product and market performance.
The company is a forward-thinking organisation consistently investing significant sums into R&D to ensure their products remain at the forefront of their market. They are owned by a global US corporate with an excellent reputation globally who continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. This position is a new role to drive awareness and understanding of how their products are performing and what can be done to improve this across all areas.
The successful individual will be a part qualified ACCA or CIMA studier who will be a good way through their studies and possible a finalist level studier. This individual will have good experience of working with budgets and forecasts whilst also having a very analytical mindset being able to demonstrate a good track record of this in the workplace. You will have strong Excel skills and will have most likely worked with larger systems (ERPs, reporting and/or analytics tools) in previous roles (SAP, Oracle, Navision, Hyperion, Power BI, etc). This person will be working with non-finance staff regularly as well as the senior management team so strong communication skills are essential.
Duties will include:
- Understand the business performance through a clear, concise analysis and accurate summarization of the business' financial results, including sales, volume and pricing, COGS, SG&A expenses,
- Support FP&A team in providing the Monthly Business Review packs to the company's Core leadership Team (CLT)
- Provide financial leadership for HQ functions to ensure that corporate spending is managed efficiently and invested properly in support of the business
- Consolidate and monitor the company's annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget templates, setting timelines and managing inputs to ensure budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Support FP&A and wider team in preparing Long Range Plan (LRP) commercial and operational template, actualization of LRP and support and assist the team in variance analysis vs previous years and trend analysis as well
- Drive continuous improvement in the company's financial metrics as well in its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting
- Support Commercial Finance teams in more in-depth analysis of top-line results, including price and volume analytics, backlog reporting, etc.
- Identify and implement best practices and establish standard FP&A routines
- Work and Liaise with Finance Operation Team in maintaining key operational metrics used for reporting purpose with a detailed variance analysis vs Plan and Forecast
Other Duties & Responsibility
- Partners with the Controllership team to have a lead role in the implementation of future financial consolidation, reporting and planning software tool.
- Be the pioneer in implementing new report made with Power BI tool already developed in some part of (i. Finance Operations and New Product Development)
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide sound financial analysis for a variety of special projects including potentially the evaluation and integration of acquisitions
For more information about this role or any other Finance Analyst jobs in Watford, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability