CFO - Part Time
A fast growing global medical device company requires a highly experienced CFO to advice and mentor the senior executive team during the next stage of the company’s development and expansion. The role will be part time with a flexible base location.
• Strategic business partner for CEO and Senior Executive team.
• Mentor and advisor for the Finance Director.
• Key member of the senior leadership team offering direct support to the CEO.
• Operating as a trusted business partner to the senior management team, Board and Investors.
• To help drive the ambitious growth strategy.
• Assess, evaluate and offer strategic direction to the business model.
• Ensure full corporate governance at all times, building up risk control capabilities around
operational activities and contract assessments.
• Identification and mitigation of risks, compliance, and adherence to regulations.
• Overseeing international tax planning issues.
• Support the CEO and leadership team on financing activities including contribution into
business planning and strategy, scenario planning, partnering and investor due diligence.
• Responsibility for the Company’s benefits systems including share option scheme, pension
scheme and any others that may come on stream.
• Responsibility for Facilities and IT.
• Responsibility for professional advisor relationships with the business.
• A highly experienced CFO with a renowned reputation.
• Qualified accountant with rapid-scale, VC or PE backed startup experience.
• A CFO, who is a strong business partner to the CEO/Founder and Non – Exec team.
• Experience of working within a fast growing, technology driven business.
• Exposure to the creation of successful commercial and operational global ventures.
• Strong leadership skills and excellent team player, determination to succeed.
• Experience of dealing with international cross border transactional issues.
• Strong international strategic vision.
• Experience of international product launches.
• Strong business / commercial acumen and with an understanding of customer needs and their
competitive position in the market.
• Exposure to successful fund-raising activities.
• Experience of success exits and selling businesses.
• Financial modelling to support commercial decisions and contracts.
• Supporting and advising the senior management team on commercial activities.
• Communicating with investors and presentation work related to investor relations.
This role requires a highly talented and exceptionally capable individual who has the drive, enthusiasm and motivation to support the ongoing development of this dynamic and rapidly growing business. You must have the commercial ability to identify and highlight the challenges and opportunities for the business.