(£55k-£70k depending on experience)
Guild Living values the extraordinary life of every older person and will reinstate older people at the heart of our lives and communities.
Guild Living will deliver environments that will enable older people to live their best lives. From dining and fitness; to entertainment and education, the buildings will embrace the community as opposed to being gated and closed off. Tailored care will be on-site to support when required and maintain independence, anytime, day or night.
Guild Living are now recruiting a Project Accountant to cover maternity leave commencing as soon as possible.
The Project Accountant role is a crucial one for the business. Working closely with the Financial Controller, the Project Accountant will ensure that best practice policies (which are in place) are adopted whilst providing timely and accurate financial information to stakeholders upon which they rely.
The successful candidate will need to understand the nature of the business and where risks and value can be found and isolated. They will need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the current services and capabilities of the group and take overall responsibility for designated companies.
This role is an integral part of an exciting cross-disciplinary project team, which is tasked with achieving the successful development of two sites. Though the project team and Finance function work in their own cycles, there will be instances where the successful candidate will need to dynamically switch between supporting finance and project work.
The job role includes:
- Preparing monthly management accounts including cash flow, and clear commentary on key variances.
- Preparing ad-hoc key information and insightful analysis.
- Clearly summarising key financial information for monthly reporting.
- Helping project team leader and external consultants to manage the professional fee budgets of the projects.
- Building strong relationships with the in-house planning and development teams.
- Managing working capital requirements of the companies including an efficient drawdown process.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and manage the audit process.
- Reviewing, updating and analysing financial forecast models/appraisals, working in concert with all parts of the business to ensure numbers are understood and agreed.
- Managing the accounts receivable and accounts payable process.
- Owning clear balance sheet reconciliations.
- Completing VAT/CIS returns. Liaising with tax advisors to produce corporation tax comps (if required).
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with:
- A range of skills to provide both core accounting and finance support to the business.
- Experience of WIP & property.
- Experience of a start-up environment including zooming in to working with detail & zooming out to deliver in line with tactical/strategic goals.
- A good knowledge of FRS102 standards is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of accounts system, preferably a project/development system (Coins is Guild’s key finance system).
- Proficiency and confidence in Excel and working with complex financial models.
- A good knowledge of VAT (essential) and corporation tax (a plus).
- Experience in setting of budgets including liaising with budget holders.
In addition to this, the successful applicant will need to be:
- A cohesive team player.
- A driven, tenacious solutions provider with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Able to deliver work to the required standard in a (sometimes) pressurised and challenging environment.
- An accomplished communicator, able to present at all levels and make the complex understandable.
- Commercially focussed mindset able to see advantage in all events.
- Able to offer leadership where appropriate.
- Innovative and good at problem solving.
- Excellent at planning and organising.
Guild Living in return offers an excellent salary based on your experience, together with:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Private healthcare cover for yourself.
- Death in service cover at x4s your basic salary.
- Pension scheme with 5% employer/4% employee contribution.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply online as early as possible.
Guild Living is a new company set up in partnership with Legal & General by a team of global experts in design, development and wellness, which is pioneering a new way to live that is driven by academic research. Guild Living is located in town and city centres and has four sites at various stages of planning in Bath, Epsom, Uxbridge and Walton-on-Thames.