Management Accountant - Property
1 day left
- Full Time
Investigo is proud to be the exclusive partner to a leading British business on their search for a specialist Property Management Accountant to take ownership over the property portfolio finances.
This role will involved taking full ownership and being actively involved in the following areas of the business:
- Prepare and post period end journal entries ensuring accurate recording of all property costs in a timely manner.
- Complete robust balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Investigate and prepare narrative explaining variances to budget and prior year for property costs.
- Ensure all new leases are accounted for correctly by verifying Property team data back to lease documentation.
- Supporting the Finance Manager: Retail with the preparation of reporting to communicate performance to the management team.
- You'll be the subject matter expert on all property costs and be able to answer queries from teams around the business.
- Work closely with our accounts payable team to ensure accurate property payments are made in line with lease terms.
- Development and mature stakeholder relationships across the Property team to ensure accurate recording of all costs.
- Support the budgeting and forecast process, liaising closely with the Commercial Finance team.
- Collation of commercials on existing leases to support the property team with decision making on lease break clauses and renewals.
- Significant involvement in the year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
- Support the development of a robust control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and by implementing these changes.
- Oversee invoicing for capital contributions and the debt collection of amounts owed.
- Reporting of turnover rents to landlords.
- Experience within property is essential - ideally a retail portfolio. Will consider a multisite commercial portfolio
- Solid experience with month end accounting for properties including services charges and leasing
- Intermediate Excel skills - VLOOKUPS and pivottables - experience working with large datasets will also be beneficial
- Comfortable working with non-finance departments incuding property and operational departments
- Enjoy being the subject matter expert and "go-to" expert in your space
- ACCA/CIMA studier/finalist
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo
Apply for Management Accountant - Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly