Head of Finance
Our client based in Kent is undergoing a significant transition; they have new US (PE) owners and are aggressively looking to grow. To support this growth there is a requirement to hire a Financial Controller who will be part of the small UK leadership team, reporting to the CFO (based in US).
Your focus will be to bolster analytical and reporting capabilities, improve processes and lead the local implementation of a new ERP system (NetSuite).
- Monthly financial reporting (actual vs. budget), interpreting and communicating business results to local and US management.
- Develop a clear and concise monthly reporting package including commentary.
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve the speed and accountability for the month-end close processes.
- Coordinate, align and manage the responsibilities of two existing finance team members, providing day-to-day coaching and development.
- Key performance indicators and act as a resource to local sales and marketing management in the design and development of new predictive measures.
- Identify and implement process improvements across the business.
- Coordinate budget preparation in the UK and provide required forecast updates
- Prepare Bi-weekly cash flow forecast and analysis.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Prepare, monitor and review account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Lead local implementation process for anticipated ERP system (NetSuite).
- A qualified Accountant with 5-8 years of relevant Financial Leadership experience.
- Ideally your experience will be a mixture of larger company best practice and hands on SME.
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to implement robust financial processes, controls and systems.
- Strong leadership profile with the ability to problem solve and communicate effectively.
- Motivated individual who is a self-starter capable of managing multiple, changing priorities.