Varied Senior Accountant role responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and delivering their year-end financial statements along with both their personal and business tax compliance.
Our Cannock based client are a well-respected firm within the area. They focus on Accounting, Audit, Bookkeeping and Taxation services. They are an ambitious firm who pride themselves in delivering a first-class service across the local area and recently opened a second office. With a robust business plan in place, they are confident it won't be long until a third office is on the cards...
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and delivering their year-end financial statements along with both their personal and business tax compliance
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Using their software to prepare corporation tax computations for delivery to the tax team.
- Sage accounting software (for statutory accounts & tax work).
- Provide technical assistance to clients and office colleagues.
- Encourage/foster a culture of continuous development
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific support to Director and Managers as required.
- Undertake other reasonable work activities as determined by the Senior Management
- At least 4 year's experience working in an accountancy practice.
- Gained experience with preparation of year end accounts, processing VAT returns, performing tax computations, amongst other ad hoc duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive to progress through studies and build a successful career.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Be a team player and proactive in contributing to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
- £32,000 - £37,000 base salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Full & flexible Study support
- Regular firm socials