Finance Analyst (Graduate)
Provide support to the Development and Finance Teams in relation to development transactions.
- Prepare the monthly cost trackers for live development projects, including those which have multiple work streams.
- Assist the Development Manager in updating TM1 costs for the quarterly reports, including those projects which have multiple work streams.
- Review development TM1 submissions for completeness and accuracy.
- Monthly reporting of development project costs against the quarterly report and the approved RIBA stage.
- Undertake supplier covenant reviews for potential contractors to be used in development projects.
- Collate and co-ordinate the compilation of information to support development debt facility drawdown requests.
- Update the WIP reconciliations.
- Preparation of Gateway and Cost Summary reports.
- Work with the operational accounting team to make sure that the development contractor retentions reconciliations are accurate and up to date.
- Work with the appraisals team to make sure actual cost data is informing the appraisal assumptions that are being used.
- Assist the Head of Finance in acting as a bridge between the Development and the Finance team.
- Set timetables and work with the Development Team to meet the deadlines in those timetables.
- Various pieces of project work including cost tracker automation, PPMS Transfer to New Cost Codes, Qube Data Cleanse and continuing to improve the capture of development information into TM1.
- Various Ad hoc and bespoke pieces of analysis and reporting to assist the development team.
Key skills required
- A Level Maths
- You will be university qualified, preferably in a maths based discipline (i.e. maths, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance).
- Part qualified/newly qualified.
- Competent in excel.
- Organised and methodical.
- Interest in the property, development, and construction industries.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
- Negotiation skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Client Focus – willingness to understand and meet the needs of both internal and external clients in order to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Team Working – is co-operative, builds trust, rapport, and relationships with others.
- Communication and Influence – communicates effectively verbally and written.
- Personal Management – prioritises tasks effectively in order to deliver to agreed deadlines, keeping others informed and manage your own time effectively.
- Commitment to Excellence – uses their initiative, adapts positively to change, is proactive in finding solutions to issues.
CEG core values
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply CEGs core values. These are embedded in all our roles and you must be able to evidence your values as part of the application process.
Committed – we are always committed to our customers and the delivery of results. We stay involved and are interested in all of our developments. You are committed to delivery results and doing the best for our customers. I am committed to my role at CEG.
Responsibility – We always act responsibly. We consider our customers, colleagues, the local community and the environment. I am wholly responsible for my role and will always act responsibly. I do not blame others and always will be responsible for my actions.
Resilience – We are in it for the long run. We continually evolve and innovate; adapting to the market and customer needs. We don’t give up but can change direction when things are not working out. I am happy with a change of direction in my role and enjoy a challenge.
Determined – We are determined to continuously improve. We show persistence to deliver results for our customers, communities, colleagues and investors. I am determined to deliver results and continuously improve. I understand the importance of our customers in achieving those results.
Apply for Finance Analyst (Graduate)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly