Financial Accounts Manager
- Full Time
Pratap Partnership are extremely proud to be working with one of the most innovative and well-known brands in the retail industry. Due to significant growth in the UK, their finance team are undergoing a major transformation and adding a number of key vacancies.
We are looking for a proficient and commercially aware individual, with a strong technical background, to provide financial accounting support, accurate and timely external reporting and contribute to the efficient running of the finance department. You will be also be responsible for balance sheet control and work closely with the Senior Financial Accounting Manager to assist with the flow of information to ensure accurate reporting. You will help to develop, implement and use financial systems and processes such that the day to day company finance needs are serviced, management are provided with relevant and timely information and the company operates efficiently and cost effectively.
This position requires self- motivation, organisation and the need to be cross functional with the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Global brand who offer an excellent salary, bonus and benefits, and ongoing self-development and progression.
Roles and Areas of Responsibility
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure complete statutory compliance for a number of UK and European entities
- Management of a team of 2 trainee financial accountants
- Preparation and review of statutory financial statements, management of the annual audit and tax compliance process
- Be a key contact for internal audit queries and assist with design and implementation of necessary improvements to systems, accounting procedures and controls and initiate corrective actions
- Assist in the development, monitoring and reporting of cashflow forecasting both short and long term
- Manage the relationship with external advisors for VAT returns and registrations across the EU as business grows
- Assist in the review of Balance Sheet reporting and review of monthly position
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to provide technical accounting advice
Attributes and Skills
- Highly numerate with strong analytical ability and experience with IFRS
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Methodical and diligent with a willingness to work toward and manage tight deadlines.
- Have a can-do attitude and work well within a team
Education and Experience
- Qualified accountant, preferably at least 1 year PQE. The role would be well suited to an Audit Manager/Senior Auditor looking for a first move from practice.
Apply for Financial Accounts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly