European Accounting and Controls Specialist
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant, financial reporting and controls specialist covering Europe.
This is an important time to be joining the organisation who are growing massively following a huge transformation shift. There are lots of opportunities to develop because of the amount of projects currently going on.
As a Senior Accountant, financial reporting and controls specialist you will be responsible for:
Supporting the European finance function in achieving/maintaining a robust financial control environment including the ongoing integrity of financial reporting in compliance with US GAAP, local country legislation and SOX requirements. Other areas of involvement are listed below:
- Perform SOX testing, Policy implementation and Contract Compliance reviews and remediate deficiencies in partnership with the European teams
- Perform balance sheet reviews to monitor and direct accounting activity
- Lead projects to deliver integration with International and Global set-up
- Manage and coordinate the annual internal control processes across Europe and support the business with implementation and improvements to the control framework
- Drive and oversee improvement projects related to financial and policy compliance
- Support and drive the development and implementation of financial policies
- Provide support on complex accounting / reporting matters, this may include writing white papers/memo's for directors/external customers.
- Actively participating in several projects around improvement opportunities, integration and new system implementations
To be successful in this position your will have/be:
- Qualified accountant - either newly qualfiied from a large firm or already working in industry
- Technically competent
- Strong IFRS and US GAAP knowledge
- SOX/Controls experience but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence all levels
- Project management skills/experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Attractive package on offer.