£60,000 - £65,000, Plus Excellent Benefits
London - Central
Based in London my client is an established, reputable, yet growing professional services business that is implementing some large accounting systems and needs an established systems accountant that fundamentally understands how a professional services company bills its clients.
You will be instrumental in this project, from start to finish. By working closely with the project manager and partnering with stakeholders, you will learn the inner workings of the business to discover what they need most from the system. From there you will be creating the end-to-end processes and roll it out to the business. This is a large international business so don't underestimate the size of the implementation.
- Advising on GL mapping and overrides to meet new accounting requirements.
- Designing, testing, and implementing changes to the GL map and overrides to meet new or changing accounting requirements, eg. International GAAP.
- Advising on data extraction to support regulatory reporting internationally.
- Configuration of the new system modules to meet accounting needs.
- Investigation and resolution of ledger imbalances.
- Investigation and resolution of tax reporting issues.
- Investigation and resolution of system-related bank reconciliation issues.
- Proactive identification of recurring issues and advising on potential solutions/mitigation.
- Liaison with Aderant and other suppliers in relation to systems support and development issues.
- Liaison with other teams within Finance.
- Provision of ad-hoc information and reconciliations to support audit work.
- Other project and non-project tasks as required from time to time.
The Systems Accountant will have the following skill & experience:
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Professional Services business background essential.
- Systems implementation.
- Application customisation.
- Multi-currency / multi-jurisdictional accounting.
- Large international professional services firm background.
- Financial reporting using SSRS or Power BI.