Are you an experienced & qualified Project Accountant that has worked within Construction or similar environment?
Do you enjoy nature and long hikes, and looking for something different this year?
We are currently working on an exciting position with a client who is based on The Falkland Islands, seeking to recruit a Project Accountant.
The client has recently secured a large tender and require a fully qualified accountant with previous construction / housebuilding experience to manage the financials.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
- To assist and report into the Finance Director
- Prepare & maintain timely & accurate financial statements for construction project in line with IFRS15
- Manage financial accounting ensuring processing is up to date & aligned with agreed deadlines
- Drive process improvements & solve problems to route cause
- Primary finance point of contact for construction contract
- Work with operational directors/managers to provide accounting information to support decision making
- Review costs and profitability of each house in the contract and investigate variances against budget
- Assist the finance director on other projects as necessary
- Construction experience - either housebuilding or other projects (hotels etc)
- IFRS15 experience
- Commercial, operational outlook
- Comfortable dealing with operational management who are non-financial
- Proven experience of setting up accounting processes and procedures
- Able to see beyond the numbers to identify what is driving them
- Systems development or installation experience would be beneficial
The successful candidate will require a valid passport and need to be happy to undergo a medical and police clearance for immigration purposes.
Please feel free to contact the office for further information, or send your CV to apply.
Apply for Project Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly