Private Client Assistant Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Top 10/6 London accountancy firm that offers flexibility to part work from home. CTA / ACA / ACCA Qualified with private client tax exposure.
Client DetailsWorking hard and working together, the Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across the firm to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you're after a career that will keep you on your toes, we'll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.RoleThe award winning Private Client Services team offers a carefully tailored range of service for high net worth individuals and trustees to help them manage their global tax and other issues proactively and seamlessly. The team acts for a broad range of clients including families, business leaders, and members of private equity firms, entrepreneurs and entertainers among others.
DescriptionThis role will provide tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of UK and internationally based clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group.A key part of the role will be to support and be involved in the continued growth of PCS advisory work and will require the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.Responsibilities
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance and advisory affairs of clients working with Directors/Principals/Partners to advise on a range of tax matters, succession planning and restructuring projects in the UK, as well as produce complex UK tax computations and returns
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- To assist the trainees with technical and procedural matters which will enable them to develop supervisory skills
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Meet and communicate in writing / orally with clients, intermediaries and HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/ Manager/ Partner informed of overruns
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as business development opportunities, to the Manager/ Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- Participate in business development activity relating to new work as requested
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Experience providing tax advisory and compliance services to a variety of clients.
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target clients and their companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions
- Experience of dealing with clients and third parties
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Flexible working arrangements