Led by an ambitious management team this highly profitable business supplies specialist products and services to customers across a range of sectors. Having successfully diversified their offering recently the company is now benefiting from multiple income streams and is positioned well for further growth. As a result of this an exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Management Accountant to join the business in a hands on role with the expectation to develop into a Finance Manager position. The role offers a unique opportunity to be mentored by a proven CFO as part of a longer term succession plan where the team will also grow along with the business. The ideal candidate must therefore be ambitious, willing to learn and able to show initiative in a dynamic environment. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Pulling together the management accounts pack including full P&L, balance sheet and cashflow statement
- Supporting the month end close ensuring accounting transactions are recorded accurately
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting, operating detailed models on Excel
- Analysis of trading performance for each division including margins and costs etc.
- Working with operational management teams to develop KPI’s
- Overseeing sales and purchase ledger, credit control / daily cash management duties
- Producing quarterly VAT returns, reviewing SAGE payroll and HMRC matters
- Supporting the FD when dealing with auditors and banks etc.
This role is all about demonstrating your potential and you can expect to be delegated additional ad hoc duties to support the senior management and be given more responsibility over time. To be successful in this Management Accountant role you must be tenacious, hard-working and willing to work in a fun yet challenging growth environment. Previous experience of SAGE and good Excel skills will be very important to develop and improve existing systems. Based in a modern office environment this is a fantastic career development opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team. The ideal candidate would have previous experience of a management accounts role in an SME.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly