Accountancy Recruit is very pleased to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a successful, well established family run business based in Colchester. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a great, friendly, and professional team that excel in their business sector. The role is responsible for the complete accounting function, so it's varied, busy and rewarding. The office environment is welcoming and supportive, encourages a cohesive, teamworking and proactive approach.
The accounts are run using Sage 50 Accounts and you will need good Excel skills. There is a high level of internal communication, presenting the accounts to the board and external communication with the bank, HMRC and the Accountants.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Producing monthly cash flow forecast.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports to Directors.
- Calculate VAT returns and CIS returns on a regular basis.
- Prepare and submit invoices for customers.
- Seek out methods of minimising financial risk to the company.
- Developing relationships with external contacts such as accountants, solicitors, and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees.
- Sales invoices, receipts and producing reconciled aged debtors.
- Purchase invoices, payments and producing reconciled aged creditors.
- Bank payments and receipts, and reconciling balance to Bank Statements.
- Chase outstanding debts.
- Efficient filing of documents and other records.
- Dealing with customer queries and maintaining good customer service approach.
- Maintaining, reconciling, and chasing outstanding retentions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Confident in working in a sole charge role.
- AAT is desirable, but not essential.
- Work well within a small office environment.
- Dog friendly office.
- Hours: 9-5 pm - Monday to Friday
- 31 days holiday including all bank holidays.
- Performance bonuses.
- Free Parking.
- Regular employee days out.
- Opportunity for further training and courses.
- Relaxed working environment.
Apply for Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly