Service Charge Accounting Manager
Service Charge Accounting Manager
We are closely with one of the top Practices in the UK who are looking to add a Service Charge Accounting Manager to their well established team. The ideal qualified accountant can either have previous experience in this field or from a audit or accounts manager background.
- Manage a service charge client relationship, including dealing with all technical queries from the client.
- Deal with multiple deadlines, demonstrate flexibility, and prioritise tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments.
- Exercise sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion.
- Manage the dedicated client team on a day-to-day basis.
- Be a major point of contact for the client together with the Director / Partner. This
includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping
clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and
maintaining regular contact with clients
- Confidently lead meetings with the client as appropriate
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with the client, especially at senior
management level, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' business
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the service charge team
- Oversee financial management of the project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue release
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to, and deliver high quality documents
- Keep up to date with industry developments including technical guidance
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BSO,
and inform the Partner and client. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in
marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and
suggest innovative products and services
- Have a good understanding of the business/GO strategy, both long term & short term,
and cascade this within the team
- Take responsibility for managed targets
- Be proactive in driving forward business development
- Participating in recruitment activities
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop junior members of staff within team
- Delegate work appropriately to the team
- Lead transitions and client take-on where appropriate
- Work as part of management team with other BSO (e. efficiency improvements). Managers
- Work alongside Directors to lead at least one non-client project/ad-hoc piece of work.
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification with 3+ years' experience post qualification
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Experience providing assurance/audit services is essential
- Experience managing junior staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
???????If you would like to know more about this role, please do get in touch.
Apply for Service Charge Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly