Head Of Finance
- Full Time
Head Of Finance
Based in Watford, Hertfordshire, MRK Associates is exclusively partnered with a Logistics and Distribution company are looking for a qualified accountant to join their team as Head Of Finance reporting to the Managing Director.
This job would suit a CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified accountant to take responsibility for the day-to-day finance function including financial systems, controls, team management and providing support for business planning and strategic development.
The company is a well established £10-15M turnover business that is close to securing PE/VC funding which will help to continue the growth plans for the future. Covid has disrupted the business resulting in a more challenging year but the fundamentals are in place for future success.
The successful individual will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with a strong track record of leading a finance team whilst making positive improvements to the team and the finance function as a whole. This individual should have strong financial accounting technical experience with excellent attention to detail, strong excel skills with an analytical mind and someone who enjoys working with technology to perform their role.
- Financial Control: development & monitoring of all financial controls to ensure no material error or loss occurs, ensure timely and accurate delivery of monthly results
- Financial Control Systems & Reporting: maintenance & development of financial systems to ensure fit for purpose & effective controls in place which enables weekly KPI's, monthly Board Pack & statutory accounts completion
- Transaction Processing & Accounting: development of efficient transaction processes; maintenance of accounting books & records in accordance with accounting standards
- Balance Sheet Management: Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet as part of Board Report, including fully reconciled balance sheet accounts every month and preparation of forecast and budget Balance Sheets as and when necessary
- Cash Management: production of weekly cash flow report and forecast; management of cash within constraints of budget and reserves policy, liaise with Bank, authorise payments and implement proper authorising procedures
- Statutory Compliance: to take lead responsibility for production of annual statutory accounts, monitoring and implementing relevant statutory changes
- Internal Audit: to take lead responsibility for the Internal Audit programme, liaising with appointed internal auditors and ensuring in house audits are completed and reported to the CEO/FD
- Management: provision of effective management to Financial Accounting team; provision of effective training & development for team and for Administrators in Services
For more information about this role or any other Head Of Finance jobs in Watford, Hertfordshire, please contact us in confidence or visit our website.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY.
Quality, Relevance and Reliability.