Location: London (Shepherd’s Bush)
Contract: Permanent (Full time)
Delivering and maintaining accurate financial records
With your demonstrable experience in revenue accounting, you will deliver accurate and informative financial reporting to the executive committee which will facilitate key business decision making. You will help develop and deliver, more efficient and robust processes and controls to enable the business to operate more effectively. This role is excellent for ACA or ACCA finalist who has completed most of their exams and is looking to build upon their existing experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the Head of University Accounting and Group Finance Director
- Maintaining up to date with technical standards, understanding treatment and application
- Period end accounting for relevant revenue and cost lines of the University’s P&L, including deferred revenue, accrued income, pre-payments, and accruals.
- Reviewing cost centre accounts and provide commentary
- Reviewing University balance sheet accounts
- Working with the FP&A team to review variances to budget/forecast and prior year, providing commentary
- Providing support and assistance to the assistant accountants and apprentices.
- Improving and streamline period end processes for revenue to ensure this is accounted for efficiently, on a timely basis and is accurate.
- Assisting with submissions to the University’s regulatory bodies e.g., HESA, OfS
- Preparing quarterly reports for the University Board
- Preparing annual statutory reporting and accounts
- Participating in the completion of the annual audit
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and build careers through education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
What we’re looking for
- ACA or ACCA finalist who has completed most of their exams
- Demonstrable experience in revenue accounting
- Ability to use and accurately update data management systems
- Willingness to liaise with different departments across the business
- Attention to detail and time management
- Excellent computer/IT skills with a good understanding of Advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload, managing wider team expectation
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload effectively and efficiently
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply below today.