Salary: Competitive Salary + Additional Benefits (Travel loans, Dental plan, Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, Bike to work scheme, Perkbox)
Hours : 8.00am-6.00pm
Are you an experienced Payroll Manager/Director looking for the opportunity to expand your experience by working for a professional and friendly mid-sized professional firm with an accountancy and legal function in the Thames Valley?
Working for a firm whose business model has a bias towards International organisations looking to invest within the UK marketplace, as well as a portfolio of UK based organisations providing you with autonomy and skill development.
Responsibilities to include:
- Our client range covers payrolls for various payroll periods, therefore a knowledge of multiple payrolls including international both weekly by weekly and monthly is essential.
- Internal reports and compliance
- Leading the team and help grow the volume of payroll business within the firm
- Identify and implement ways for the department to operate more effectively
- An element of business development to help grow the revenue streams of the department.
- Involvement of ad hoc projects – for example implementation within the payroll department of new rules such as IR35
- Dealing with general payroll queries and enquires.
- Understanding global mobility issues including how to set up and operate modified payrolls for inbound expatriates.
- Oversee quality control for the payroll department
- Drive technological development in the department.
- Confidently deal with all partners within the firm as well as clients including queries and concerns
- Manage the team including development meetings and appraisals.
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role, preferably gained within professional services firm either as a Payroll Manager/Director.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment - High degree of trust, accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, willing to take on responsibility to develop the role and new client opportunities
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in particular the ability to work in a team environment and with Partners and senior management
- The resilience and flexibility to maintain consistency of work performance under pressure to make sure all deadlines are met
- Good personal organisational and time management skills and be self-motivated.
- Experience in the effective management and supervision of a small team - Calm influence and pro-active attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- A qualification of ATT and above is essential.
Excellent Payroll Director opportunity, apply today to be considered!
Apply for Payroll Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly