Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Our client is a multi-site PLC of scale with a dominant position in its UK sector. A commercially astute Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is required to undertake a high profile and influential role encompassing Budgeting and Forecasting, M&A, Business Partnering operational teams and assisting Investor Relations in the presentation of briefings to City Analysts.
Reporting to the Group Director of Finance, the role also works closely with the CFO and subsidiary MDs and FCs. Responsibilities include:-
- Prepare forecasts, budgets and business plans for Board approval, including monthly reports, critical review and interpretation of results and value-add analysis.
- Provide strategic and long-term financial planning support to the Group Director of Finance and CFO.
- Provide high quality and timely analysis and insights to maximise and shape growth of the business and support change projects.
- Support and liaise within the function to ensure accurate monthly reporting is produced.
- Support senior management with investor relations including the preparation of external analyst presentations, reviewing analyst models and managing market consensus.
- Support senior management in M&A activity, incorporating acquisitions, disposals and closures.
- Work with operational teams to understand risks, expected profitability, cashflow and sensitivity analysis.
- Undertake due diligence, deep dives and provide assurance to the Group Director of Finance and CFO.
- Undertake commercial reviews for new Group opportunities and ongoing operational contracts.
- Support senior management in specific investigations into departmental management accounts.
- Support senior management to strengthen and develop the accounting policies and processes to ensure that adequate internal controls exist within the group.
- Produce reports, presentations and papers in various formats which include well considered opinion and recommendations to enable effective decision making.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with at least 2 years experience within FP&A or a business partner role within a medium to large organisation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as up to date computer skills including MS Office and advanced excel skills.
- Comfortable with challenging stakeholders, both internal and external and confident in delivering complex analysis in a simple way.
- Team player with demonstrable influencing skills, able to articulate clearly and concisely in ways that promote understanding to varying audiences.
- Ability to understand the strategic business goals of the Group, be able to “look beyond the numbers” and understand the wider business context.
A great opportunity to influence performance and support delivery of strategic goals in a substantial PLC
Apply for Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly