Practice Accountant needed FT or PT (salary £25-£30k DOE pro rata if PT)
Our client needs a Practice Accountant, based in Market Deeping, to be responsible for the preparation of accounts for our clients, using Xero software and helping our small accountancy firm to grow as well as working with our lovely supportive team.
This is a multi-faceted role including preparing and finalising limited annual accounts and corporation tax returns as well as:
- Preparing and finalising sole trader and partnership annual accounts and returns
- Preparing and finalising self-assessment tax returns
- Attending client meetings to discuss their accounts and tax returns
- Preparing and finalising management accounts
- Preparing and finalising VAT returns
- Preparing and finalising forecasts and budgets
- Reviewing internal work completed by other members of the team
- Helping the rest of the team with their development and any other tasks within the business
This is a role that involves a great deal of autonomy and responsibility in this role so being comfortable with both is essential.
Our client uses Xero so experience using Xero is essential. What you will definitely need is strong IT skills, a high level of attention to detail and good communication skills as well as a sense of humour.
To join the client in this role, you’ll be:
- ACA or ACCA qualified as a minimum with 2 year’s experience working in practice
- Keen to learn, enthusiastic and bright
- Flexible, proactive and versatile in approach
- Conscientious and motivated to support other members of the team and clients
- An excellent team player, personable and able to get on with colleagues
- Able to work under pressure in a busy office and to meet time deadlines
In return, the successful Practice Accountant will have the opportunity to grow and develop their overall skills, receiving a competitive salary and opportunities to contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
Our client is a friendly relaxed firm so you will be part of a supportive team, and you don’t need to worry about a new wardrobe as they encourage casual dressing and even pay for lunch breaks
If you are interested in this role and feel you meet the requirements above, please apply now.