About our client
Accountancy Recruit is recruiting for a world leading FMCG business based in Bury St Edmunds at the UK Head Office. This is a Management Accountant role, which will be an integral part of the UK accounts team. Your business goal is to be responsible for all the UK legal entities in terms of month end reporting. This is an ambitious company, that due to a recent acquisition is experiencing growth and positive change, a commercial environment at the top of their sector.
You will develop internal professional working relationships will the Management Team, peers in the European company sites and the UK Finance Team. Externally you will be the contact for auditors, banks, and government agencies. This role supports to the UK Financial Controller and will provide the opportunity to develop your professional career and to be involved in project work.
- Responsible for maintaining financial accountability, overseeing, and reviewing transactions; hands on intervention when necessary.
- Month end accruals, prepayments, and statements of cash flow.
- Investigating financial discrepancies and reporting to management.
- Ensuring timely monthly accounts closing and reporting to group deadlines.
- Proactively managing the reporting of financial performance by site for designated sites. To include site profitability, cost management, yield and productivity analysis and capital project evaluation.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- VAT calculations and returns.
- Managing the HSBC invoice discounting facility, ensuring funding is always maximised.
- Supporting the UK Financial Controller to ensure budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis are produced in a timely manner and are fit for purpose.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Ad hoc financial analyses; including stock.
- Contributing to the Group's financial process improvement and maintaining controls integrity.
- Maintaining clean financial statements and audits.
- Deputising for the UK Financial Controller as appropriate.
If you can answer yes to the following, then this is a perfect job for you:
- Naturally curious to undertake complex investigations.
- Not afraid to reach out to business colleagues across the UK to develop strong working relationship and collect all necessary financial data.
- Tenacious to ensure the accuracy of data and cleanliness of financial statements and reports.
- Self-assured; to take the lead in new initiatives: self-motivated.
- A genuine interest in the manufacturing process.
- Ambitious to be the best and a willingness to learn.
- Experienced in working as a Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Finance Business Partner, as a Senior Accountant looking to make your first move from practice to industry or similar type of role.
The successful Applicant
- Fully or Part Qualified: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Background or genuine interest to work in manufacturing.
- Experience of an ERP system; JD Edwards and Cognos experience would be an advantage.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary: £38-45,000 pa
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Good pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Study support if required.
You may already be working as a Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Finance Business Partner, Accountant in practice or similar role and this will provide the next step in your career, so please apply now!
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly