Commercial Finance Analyst- Full study support
Really excited to be recruiting for a commercial finance analyst for a market leading, well respected private equity backed client in Huddersfield.
You will be reporting into the commercial finance manager and be responsible for providing detailed analysis and reporting for the commercial team with a focus on sales and margin.
Key duties will include but not limited to:
-Sales and Margin reporting: forecasting on the short and long term, summarising key movements and identifying risks and opportunities. In addition, analysis of key trends and provide insightful knowledge to the sales and operations teams. Monthly reporting of sales and margin performance.
-Customer profitability reporting: Develop & maintain Customer Profitability matrix (by customer, product, and month) and identify opportunities to challenge Sales and Operations. Support further through deep-dive analysis and action plans to drive improvement.
-Change and process improvement: Key role in development of processes and reporting to ensure consistency, clarity and maximum automation. Priority is development of Commercial Dashboards using Power BI. Continually look for areas of improvement in process and reporting. Provide links between Commercial forecasting and Operations, Contract Management, etc.
-Product reporting: Accurate & timely production of Product Group P&L's which help the business to demonstrate end to end performance across our 5 key product groups. Highlight areas of under / over performance to help identify any risks & opportunities for future months
- CIMA or equivalent part-qualified
- Good understanding of Finance systems and processes
- Commercial acumen
- Strong analysis, reporting & communication skills - able to draw incisive conclusions from various data sources, produce insightful reporting and communicate clearly with stakeholders
- Change orientated - constantly seeking improvement opportunities
- Results focused - develop and deliver strong outputs
- Advanced skills in Excel and experience with financial operating systems. Power BI skills desirable
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple responsibilities
- Energetic, resilient and positive
- Eager to learn and develop
- Confidence to question and challenge - drive change & develop understanding
- Pro-active and flexible - able to adapt to different situations and rapid change
- Problem-solving and scenario analysis
- High attention to detail
In return you will receive:
£26,000 - £29,000, full study support, free on site parking, 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) + contributory pension scheme, flexible working hours & excellent permanent opportunity.
Sound of interest? Get in touch for more details: 0113 2031601