The Senior Group Accountant will be responsible for financial control and governance across the group finance function. You will be accountable for the accurate and timely financial reporting of your set business areas into the Group FC and will be responsible for preparation of all Board reporting packs across the Group.
Compliance with FCA, Legal and HMRC requirements across the Group is also a key element to this vital role.
My client is an award winning business with several sites across the UK are going through a sustained period of growth with further ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond.
* Deputising for the Group FC and assisting with the preparation of all Board reporting across the Group in relation to the businesses
* Supporting the Group FC with work relating to Group structure/restructure, acquisitions, financing arrangements of the Group
* Preparation and enhancement of the monthly consolidated balance sheet position for the Group, via meeting with heads of the respective finance areas and key business stakeholders
* Hands on involvement with the implementation of a new general ledger and procure to pay solution during 2021 across all Group entities. Opportunity to design, improve and enhance finance processes and procedures
* Involved with all aspects of Treasury including the maintenance of Trust and operating accounts of the Group, operation of a Group cashflow and daily, weekly and monthly Board reporting of cash flow against forecast/budget
* Key role in the annual external audit including the preparation of the consolidation and financial statements of all Group companies
* Preparation of the key businesses regulatory reporting. Management of the set Trust accounts processes to ensure adherence with CASS rules. Solvency and Regulatory capital reporting together with quarterly RMAR preparation. Oversight of the Insurer's regulatory requirements
* Liaison with the Group's tax adviser's to ensure compliance with HMRC requirements covering all aspects of corporation tax, VAT, IPT and PAYE
* Maintenance and continual improvement of the Group's accounting policies and financial procedures manual.
* Ensure training is delivered either in house or externally to the finance teams so they are aware of updates to rules, legislation, FCA and accounting standards.
ACA or ACCA Qualified
Advanced Excel Skills
Previous Financial Services experience is desirable.
Experience of financial accounts in a Group environment.
Must be personally ambitious and match the companies growth plans.
Will consider first movers from practice - great opportunity for Newly Qualified accountants.
Flexible working environment.
Great company culture.
Career pathway and progression.
Opportunity to join an award winning market leading organisation.