An exciting opportunity for a hands-on Finance Manager to join the rapidly growing binx, based in Wiltshire. The Finance Manager will support the Finance Director with leading the finance team and managing the day to day finances for the business including the management and financial reporting.
Michael Page is partnering with binx, an exciting diagnostic startup based in Wiltshire. binx improve sexual health and wellness through new delivery methods that prioritise clinical integrity and consumer convenience. Their solutions break down screening barriers through discreet patient-tailored individualized digital approaches that complement traditional brick-and-mortar care.
In addition to the "test and treat", point-of-care (POC), molecular diagnostic platform, they provide a first of its kind, comprehensive digital program that includes evidence-based testing, counseling, treatment, and follow up in order to increase screening and reduce infections.
In 2020 binx used their expertise to diversify in to Covid Testing. The binx COVID-19 platform can help organisations and communities of all sizes implement a comprehensive and guideline-driven program to help maintain the safety and well being of their population.
Due to the rapid growth of the company binx are now looking for a Finance Manager to join their expanding team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager will take lead on the day to day running of the finance team.
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue, accounts receivable and deferred revenue journal entries and reconciliations
- Perform close activities related to inventory and COGS, including the preparation of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, excess and obsolete inventory analysis, in transit inventory accrual, and cost variances
- Assist with monthly gross margin analyses by product and customer, including variance analysis and identification of process improvements.
- Ensure the integrity of financial transactions within SAP ByD including maintenance of interface between subledgers (AP/AR, inventory, bank, fixed assets, etc) and the general ledger.
- Prepare other balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis for review.
- Prepare Management accounts for Limited Company and US subsidiary.
- Support the Finance Assistant on a daily basis.
- Support the Finance Director in preparation of Statutory accounts under IFRS.
- Input and maintenance of the plans within SAP ByD (Budget and subsequent forecast).
- Support financial reviews and audits, including preparation of revenue schedules and supporting documentation, as required
- Support the Finance Director in preparation of tax computations as required.
- Other ad hoc tasks to support the Finance Director. The Finance Director is responsible for Finance, HR, IT and facilities for the company and support may be required in any of these areas.
- Monitor internal controls and processes over revenue and inventory.
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA Qualified.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Demonstrable experience of working in SME/Start up environments.
- Excellent Financial and Management reporting skills.
- Excellent process and systems improvements skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter with strong leadership ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with both finance and non-finance staff across the business, up to board level.
- Manufacturing experience would be advantageous with a focus around stock.