FINANCE PROGRAMME MANAGER ERP PREPAREDNESS
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant required
Experience of successful programme management, Finance ERP implementation and outstanding stakeholder engagement
A well-respected Global Charity with its headquarters in Surrey is looking to appoint a Finance Programme Manager (ERP Preparedness)
In line with its Global Strategy for greater organisational impact, efficiency and financially sustainability, they are transforming the Finance across the organisation.
This significant role will programme manage one key aspect of the transformation: the preparedness of the finance functions and business for the ongoing implementation of an integrated new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and a new Monitoring and Evaluation system. The postholder will work alongside an established Systems Project team to ensure Finance requirements in respect of the implementation are well defined and planned to ensure finance business processes are ready for the implementation within Finance departments and wider business based at the Global Hub, four Regional Hubs and in 55 country offices across the globe.
Experience of successful programme management, Finance ERP implementation and outstanding stakeholder engagement skills are essential to this role.
- A programme plan of preparations required of the Finance community and beyond for the related aspects of the implementation is created. This will include
- Assessing the business process implications for key financial accounting transactions
- Assessing the business process implications for grants and project finance accounting
- Assessing the business process implications for year-end processes
- Assessing the implications for budgets, forecasts and management reporting
- Assessing the data migration strategy and implications
- Assessing the implications of monitoring and evaluation system
- Ensure all other aspects are identified, assessed and prepared for
- Business processes are appropriately reviewed and improved in preparation for the rollout, and that wider benefits from the rollout are maximised.
- There is clarity about the scope of specific aspects of the project and how they integrate and how they will impact business processes (for example distinction between D365, Data warehouse, BPC and Power BI) to ensure end to end integration.
- There is mutual shared understanding between finance team and the systems programme team of both the finance requirements and the systems procedures, to ensure alignment and support resolution for areas where alignment may differ.
- Understand end to end finance processes and the scope of the ERP implementation, which is a subset of the overall process. Working with the Director of Accounting Services and other GH Finance staff to ensure that due consideration if given to the ongoing integrity of those finance processes which are outside the scope of the new ERP system and that there are plans to streamline those out of scope processes where appropriate.
- Testing and implementation of the ERP are well planned to reflect the operational environment of the receiving Finance teams and beyond and that finance team supports effectively.
- Global Finance teams and beyond are well briefed about what is expected of them and when, have appropriate training and are supported to resolve operational risks and issues.
- Finance subject matter experts contribute fully to developing the solution and in preparation of implementation streamlining finance processes, preparation of written guidance and training solutions ahead of ERP implementation.
- As rollout is implemented, Finance teams globally proceed as planned, any issues are identified and resolved swiftly.
- Build a strong programme management approach with regular review meetings to track progress against the plan, assess risks and resourcing implications, ensure issues are identified and resolved and appropriate escalation as needed. Thereby ensuring the preparation for and implementation of rollout remains on time and is successful.
- Ongoing relationships with internal stakeholders are well-managed to identify and deliver solutions that benefit all.
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- Substantial experience of leading a large project or programme management of complex initiatives
- Proven experience of working with Systems Programme teams and business process owners to successfully develop and implement D365 (or similar ERP) within a global Finance function
- Working with business teams and Dynamics Product Owner to capture, understand and improve business processes, and to translate these requirements into design solutions to meet operational objectives
- Solid programme expertise and record keeping, from requirement gathering to implementation and support
- Ability to clearly articulate change management and training requirements
- Ability to contribute to effective project management and governance to achieve best possible value and customer service
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the D365 product suite
- Strong MS Dynamics 365 implementation and delivery experience
- Experience of DevOps, Agile and the concepts of CI/CD
- API Integration and Development
- Programme Management Qualifications
- Experience of INGOs
- Lean, six sigma qualifications
- Understanding of innovations such as data analytics and AI
25 days holiday
Remote based job
Generous pension scheme
Career progression opportunites