Business Services Semi Senior
An independent chartered accountancy firm covering accounting, tax and business advisory work in the City of London. Having been established for over 100 years, our firm has long standing client relationships and is highly respected amongst the profession.
A modern and dynamic firm that embraces the well being of its staff in the current climate. With a strong belief that their people are their biggest asset, they offer a welcoming inspiration from above, and continue support each other to be their best every day.
Similar to their staff, their valuable clients are also at the core of what they do, which is why their relationships have been strong for many years and how they have seen organic and steady growth. The client service provided is exceptional and precise, whilst still consultative and innovative giving clients the best outcomes for their individual businesses.
Client range is diverse across a multitude of industry sectors and sizes both in the UK and Internationally including, sports, property, entertainment and fintech.
The vacancy will suit a part qualified accountant at semi senior level, from a practice background, wishing to continue with their ACCA qualification. You should be able to demonstrate an interest in understanding businesses, and have strong communication skills, being able to analyse and interpret data for clients.
You will be responsible for a varied portfolio of clients from and it is essential you can prioritise work to meet essential deadlines whilst delivering the highest possible standard of work. You will have the support of your team and seniors and as you progress technically and personally your role will grow, and you will naturally develop more responsibility. There is absolutely room to progress within the business
- Daily book-keeping for a variety of clients across all sectors and sizes
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- VAT returns (applying different schemes)
- Reporting key performance indicators and variances to clients
- Assist with the management of client's files
- Liaising with HMRC
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Part or qualified AAT or ACCA trainees (qualification can be supported)
- 2-3 years relevant work experience within a practice firm
- Software skills - cloud accounting including using Sage and Xero. Advanced Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Management Accounts preparation skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be a team player
- Be able to work to set deadlines
- Enjoy working with clients
- Study support provide (AAT /ACCA
- Good work life balance
- Flexible working