VAT Manager - Manchester
Brand Addition is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise area and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for creativity, service, customer satisfaction and quality is second to none and our impressive client list includes Michelin, Google, ABB, Diageo, L’Oreal, Nissan and RBS to name a few. Brand Addition employs over 370 staff in operations in Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, USA, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
An opportunity has arisen for a VAT Manager to join the Brand Addition Finance team in Manchester. This is a role which will provide support to our Brand Addition team across a number of sites.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for management, training and development of one VAT Assistant
- Responsibility for all VAT Reporting (VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat Returns - Arrivals and Despatches, and End of Year Returns) covering four entities (13 Regs in total – including 3 UK, 2 RoW and 8 EU Regs) – preparing the larger ones and reviewing and approving smaller submissions before they are made
- Ownership of new MOSS project - to ensure appropriate reporting in place
- Ownership and clear understanding of Brexit / EU rules to support the business
- Ownership of VAT admin to include set up of new VAT Registrations, VAT inspections contact and coordinator, and being main user on VAT submission websites
- Responsibility for planning and future-proofing our VAT software system - including updating system VAT rules, liaising with IT on system upgrades, mapping to accounting systems
- Responsibility for month-end coordination and close of VAT Accounts
- Responsibility for preparation and review of VAT balance sheet reconciliations
- Forecasting of VAT cashflows (payments and refunds)
- Providing VAT compliance and transfer pricing expertise across all entities, including business support and advice on all VAT issues (employee understanding, projects, customer/supplier queries)
- Providing day to day assistance to internal stakeholders on any VAT queries as and when they arise
- Providing VAT training across all entities tailoring this to each entity and what they do
- Liaison with auditors and external VAT advisors regarding the above VAT returns (both ongoing reporting and also ad hoc queries)
- Ensuring a “pro-active” approach is taken to VAT training and rule maintenance so the business is kept up to date with changes that impact them
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the VAT software system from a Finance perspective.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
What you’ll need:
- Ideal candidates will be studying ATT or CTA as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Drive to take ownership and responsibility for own work and operate independently, with the ability to also demonstrate great teamwork, ensuring the VAT Assistant is appropriately supported. Also colleagues across a number of sites and time zones will need to be responded to within appropriate timescales so you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Strong VAT skills and proven experience of tasks outlined above are a must.
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving finance environment is essential.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and keen attention to detail.
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
What you can expect from us:
Brand Addition may be fast paced but it’s a fun and friendly place to work. We have a big footprint globally but remain personal and transparent with an adult led culture. You can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition:
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer: Global Development and Secondment Opportunities - Flexible Working - Early Finish Friday - Finish Early On Your Birthday - Subsidised Wellbeing Programme - Contributory Pension Scheme - Life Assurance - Great Holiday Scheme - Bonus Scheme - Sickness Scheme - Fruity Friday - Monthly Get-Togethers -Cycle to Work Scheme - Maternity Incentives to name a few.
Career and development:
We want you to develop your career with us and we’ll support you every step of the way to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have full induction and training relevant to your role as well as a mentor within the team to help you along the way. We advertise all our vacancies internally and there are lots of ad hoc project opportunities to get involved in locally and globally too!
Apply for VAT Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly