The School Finance Manager will take overall ownership of the financial processes of the school and assist the headteacher and Governors with strategic decision making.
My client is a co-educational secondary school based near to Slough.
The key responsibilities of the School Finance Manager will be:
- Prepares, in consultation with the Head Teacher, the draft annual budget for approval by the Governors Business Committee Monitor the budget all year round, advising the Head Teacher where revisions or changes are needed
- Within the DfE and LA guidelines, take responsibility for financial processes within the school and take remedial action to ensure that expenditure remains within the approved budget Provide financial monitoring information and reports to the Governors and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Prepare the School's management accounts on a monthly basis in line with month end timetable and explain variances to budgets and forecasts
- Ensure that all legal and financial reporting requirements to the ESFA and other government departments are met to agreed deadlines, including statutory returns
- Ensure that all budget holders are held to account regarding the effective use of their budgets and provide advice, where appropriate, in terms of securing value for money
- Ensure that all due funding for the school is secured and routinely investigated how the income of the school could be maximized or increased through grants for example
- Forecast future years' budgets, based on the school's estimated funding and trends in expenditure, to enable the Head Teacher to make strategic, long-term decisions
- Lead on procurement processes, managing tenders where appropriate, conducting due diligence, benchmarking and evaluating suppliers, negotiating deals and ensuring value for money
- Attend leadership and governor meetings as and when required to present financial updates
- This list is not exhaustive, for a full job description please apply
The successful candidate for the School Finance Manager will:
- Hole a professional accountancy qualification
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be proficient in Excel and microsoft office
- Be comfortable managing a small team
- Experience of working within a school environment is desirable but not essential
My client is offering a salary range of £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience and ability