Marks Sattin are working in partnership with a very progressive organisation operating in the Business Services space to recruit a newly created Financial Controller role as the business continue their ambitious plans.
The role will report directly to the CFO and will take ownerhsip of operational finance - ranging from statutory reporting, managaing accounting, VAT, managing cash and relationships with the banks, as well as payroll duties. The Financial Controller will also drive improvements and efficiencies across systems and processes.
Key responsibilties of the Financial Controller:
- Lead and coach the Finance Operations team on a day to day basis
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP
- Liaising with external auditors
- Work closely with other areas of the business to ensure good levels of compliance and control
- Ensure that bank, cash, sales ledger and purchase ledger are up to date and well controlled
- Maintain robust controls, audit trail and documentation
- Ensure policies and accounting standards are up to date and being implemented correctly
- Oversee VAT and Corporation tax processes and work with external parties including HMRC to ensure that the company is calculating, reporting and paying tax accurately
- Responsible for monthly payroll process
- Identify and implement efficiencies in systems and processes including automation and improved use of technology
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Have experience in a Finance Manager or Financial Controller role
- Have strong technical accounting skills being able to adhere to accounting policies and principles
- Have IFRS / UK GAAP knowledge
- Have good IT and ERP System skills
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, ensuring the most effective and efficient processes are in place
To be considered you must be in a commutable location to Northampton and must be a fully qualified. If you feel you meet the requirements of my client please do not hesitate to apply.