Manchester Based Retail Business
Up to £50k + Benefits
Our client a leading retail business who are operating globally and are looking for a Compliance Accountant to join the finance function.
Working in a fast paced team, the Compliance Accountant will be expected to own and manage the compliance activities of the Group entities.
- Liaison with our third party professional service providers and tax advisors to ensure that all relevant local requirements are met.
- Key point of contact on Brexit specific scenarios and queries both within finance and with the wider business
- Key point of contact for bonded warehouse specific scenarios and queries both within finance and with the wider business
- Key compliance liaison between Global Supply Chain and Transactional Finance for duty and customs
- Process improving intrastat and EC Sales data capture, checks and working flow
- Assistance with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of robust month end processes and internal controls to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations file to a high standard in line with internal deadlines including coordination of any issues which need resolving with the wider business.
- Ensure all indirect tax return submissions and payments are made in line with applicable deadlines and that we comply with timely submission of all necessary financial statistical returns (e.g. VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales Lists, ONS requests).
- Responsible for working with our tax advisors to ensure filings are correct, all local filing obligations are met and any resulting payments are made on time.
- Assistance with the interim and year end audit process with preparation of information for external auditors.
- Provide cover and assistance to the wider finance team and assist in any other ad hoc projects as required, including exploring better ways of working with the EMEA Finance team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised accountancy (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) /tax qualification (CTA) with at least 3 years PQE with appropriate technical competencies.
- Experience preparing and reviewing complicated VAT returns.
- Strong knowledge of intrastat returns and relationships with the related VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
- An understanding of requirements for customs and duty clearances, particularly pre and post Brexit differences
- An understanding and experience with bonded warehouse implementation.
Apply for Compliance Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly