Group Accountant - Ideal First Time Move
Group Accountant – Excellent First Time Move!!
North West Based
Leading Privately Owned Retail Business
Up to £45k + Bonus + Package + flex working
We are working with a leading retail business in the North West. This is a business which is growing exponentially and there is huge capacity to develop your skillset in a collaborative and innovative team. This would be an outstanding move for a first time mover from the Big 4 / Top 20 accountancy firms, who are looking for a brilliant career move into industry.
Overall purpose of the job
The individual will contribute to the delivery of the consolidated financial and management accounts. Work proactively with the wider Group Finance team to ensure an integrated one Group Finance team approach. Be responsible for the accounting of head office companies and actively support operating companies in all aspects of accounting and reporting. Contribute to the on-going development and improvement of the reporting processes. These responsibilities will be satisfied through a combination of business as usual and project activities.
- Contribute to setting the direction of the Group’s corporate strategy
- Actively support processes to ensure accurate, complete and on time production and submission of all consolidated accounting data sets including actuals, forecasts and budgets.
- Liaison with operating companies to ensure a timely and accurate close, and appropriate understanding and analysis of reporting entity submissions.
- Contribute to timely and accurate posting of elimination and necessary consolidation adjustments.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting for head office companies including ownership of general ledgers, balance sheet reconciliations and involvement in more complex transactions.
- Support the wider team’s delivery requirements including ad hoc project work and initiatives as required.
The successful candidate must be able to summarise and present complex information clearly, confidently and concisely, and will have an excellent eye for detail. The successful individual will be able to deal with ambiguity and change and have strong communication and interpersonal skills:
- Newly qualified accountant ACA from Big 4 / Top 20 preferred candidate
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- An understanding of the benefits of a strong process and controls culture
This is a fantastic opportunity for a first time mover or someone with significant financial accounting to really carve out an excellent and long term career in a supportive and progressive organisation. Please contact me for full details.
Apply for Group Accountant - Ideal First Time Move
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly