Finance Manager/Senior Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are delighted to be exclusively partnering our client, a large complex multi-site distribution organisation in the Cheshire area, as they look to appoint a technically astute Finance Manager/Senior Management Accountant due to a considerable increased in workload.
As the business continues to enjoy a sustained period of success, they require a technically competent, ideally qualified, Senior Management Accounts professional who will be responsible for the running of the management accounts team and maintaining strong financial control on all areas of the general ledger.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be expected to review existing processes, implement and drive change in line with the company guidelines. You will enjoy full support and autonomy from the senior management team, providing a highly visible resource throughout the wider business.
- To assist in the running of, and provide support to, the Management Accounts team of 6 staff
- Allocation of duties across the team, ensuring optimum efficiencies and division of workload
- Ensure accounts and non-financial metrics are complete and accurate, within required deadlines
- Review all journals posted by the Management Accounts Team
- Responsibility for month end postings
- Ensuring all reports and reporting packs are completed, reviewed and distributed on time
- Production of cost centre budgets and reforecasts where/when applicable
- Liaising with external auditors and external bodies
- Support for Financial Controller and Finance Director as required
- Adhoc project support for Depot Managers as and when required
- To provide financial support to stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Annually assist in the completion of Tax Reporting Packs for the Group Tax Team
The role would suit an ambitious and process driven individual who has ideally worked within a larger business and is used to tight working deadlines. The ideal candidate will also have experience of managing a small team, controlling workload and allocating tasks. You will also have a keen eye for detail and be highly proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
You will join an experienced, high calibre finance operation brimming with talent and like-minded finance professionals.