Heyland Finance are delighted to be partnering one of our newest clients, as they look to add an ambitious Management Accountant to their busy accounts function. Working for an established Manufacturing subsidiary of a larger group, the Management Accountant will continue their career within a friendly and collaborative organisation that prides themselves on their business culture.
The Management Accountant will ensure that the Management and Financial accounts are prepared quickly and accurately in accordance with current legislation.
- Produce monthly management accounts pack, including P & L, balance sheet, cash flow forecasts
- Prepare and submit monthly BPC load file to Head Office
- Monitor actual expenditure against budgeted expenditure, report, challenge and investigate any variances
- Preparation of Budgets and Reforecasts
- First point of contact for auditors including site visits where required
- Reconcile control accounts
- Responsible for preparation and submission of Quarterly reporting to Corporate
- Prepare year end schedules for audit and liaise with audit team
- Prepare statutory accounts
- Complete VAT returns, P11d's, monthly payment runs
- Liaise with Inland Revenue, Customs & Excise and bank
- Monitor daily banking and control
- Working with Credit team to ensure debtors are collected
- Review, documentation, and implementation of improvements to current internal controls
- Ad hoc reporting as and when requested by the Financial Controller
This role would suit an ambitious and technically astute Management / Financial Accountant who is looking to progress their career within a fast-paced business environment. You will be given full autonomy to grow and make the role your own however, you will also have the full support of the Financial Controller.
This role is ideal for a qualified/equivalent finance professional looking for a remit that will challenge them and also give them the opportunity to progress to Finance Manager within an acceptable period of time.
Our client operates a "promote from within" structure and regularly holds internal competitions throughout the year.