Assistant Accountant | £20,000 - £24,000 | Leeds
Progressive opportunity for a finance assistant / assistant accountant looking for a business that can offer them career development opportunity.
- This is a newly created position resulting from growth and internal promotion. You will support the Head of Finance with all aspects of the day to day transactional processing, financial accounting, management accounting and reporting.
- The role would be a perfect opportunity for someone who is progressing through AAT or has recently completed an accountancy and finance degree.
- The business is experiencing major expansion and forecasts are strong. Your role / remit will develop in line with the company growth.
There directors are ideally looking for someone who has the desire to become CIMA or ACCA qualified over the next 2-3 years (fully study support will be provided).
You will need to have a sleeves rolled up approach – you will be working in an agile SME and the remit will include purchase ledger, sales ledger, various reconciliations, journals etc. You will have opportunity to gain exposure to full management accounts preparation, budgeting, forecasts, cashflows, year end routines and ad hoc analysis / reporting.
The practical experience you can gain will marry well with your ongoing CIMA studies and the role will allow you to fast track your development & career.
You will need:
- Previous experience as Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant alongside either an accountancy degree or AAT.
- Excellent analytical skills including confidence using Excel.
- Firm core accounting knowledge (you need to know your debits from your credits!)
- Keenness to learn and develop (with support from the head of finance).
- Ability to work in a cohesive team.
This is a fast paced, modern and ambitious SME – you will need to be someone who strives to make a positive difference. You will need a proactive approach to learning new tasks and solving problems.
If you would like to be considered for the Assistant Accountant role in Leeds please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly