Senior Finance Manager - Technical and Project Accounting
This role is crucial for driving accounting change and quality into an ever evolving financial reporting landscape with full ownership for all technical accounting change, determination of subjective matters, and technical input to business propositions & projects Working in partnership and driving alignment with Technical Accounting Group plus external auditors on all technical accounting matters.
A leading British retailer, part of an international group who additionally operate throughout Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands and Thailand.
- Leadership and ownership for a number of areas of accounting including impairment reviews, pensions and other areas requiring technical accounting determination. There is often a significant element of subjectivity on these which require the initiation and resolution of technical debates with senior Corporate functions and external auditors to Partner level alike;
- Leading the implementation of new accounting standards into the business;
- Provide technical accounting review and direction for transactions including acquisitions, reorganisations, new business ventures and investment projects
- Review, approval and documentation of accounting judgements and estimates (including gaining inputs from executive level internal and external stakeholders to reach correct conclusions) and development of the supporting processes to ensure robustness of controls;
- Involvement in system development to ensure that all changes made adhere to Group accounting policies, and that a clear audit trail of changes is maintained;
- Bringing accounting expertise to assist the monthly close process;
- Developing a world class finance team through education and training;
- Managing review and agreement of technical accounting areas with external and internal auditors;
- Working in partnership and driving alignment with Controllership & Technical Accounting Group on all technical accounting matters;
- Providing support and leadership around the year-end (and quarter-end as required) audits including support with the co-ordination of audit deliverables and the co-ordination and review of the statutory accounts.
- Providing support to the Financial Controller and wider Controls team with any ad-hoc tasks or projects.
- Be an qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience;
- Possess strong accounting skills and deep experience of both US GAAP and IFRS;
- Good understanding of SOX control requirements;
- Have experience of providing technical accounting advice to a variety of stakeholders at the most senior level;
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience with a high credibility; the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels and to the most senior levels of finance and our external auditors;
- Be resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with a change in a fast-paced environment;
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business;
- Be able to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
- Have drive for self-development and growth.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning