Interim Directorate Business General Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
This is a key role within the NHS in Wales co-ordinating activities within a specific directorate.
My client is an NHS body in Wales.
The post holder will support this NHS body in the strategic and operational management and development of the directorate. They will work with the Organisation lead on planning and Divisional Directors to identify best practice and implement consistent and coherent ways of working across the Directorate, in order to develop a process for managing and delivering directorate business performance targets including budgeting, prioritisation of work, risk management and the allocation of resources. As part of this process, they will be required to lead and support specific directorate wide change management projects. This post supports and facilitates the Executive and Divisional Directors and therefore the post holder will need to build strong relationships with senior staff across the Directorate and key stakeholders.
The post holder will:
- Establish a Directorate wide business and planning function, identifying resources required to deliver a fit for purpose business unit
- Ensure robust systems are in place for budgetary control and financial planning
- Lead and manage integrated medium term and annual operational planning for the organisation, including the development of plans aligned to strategic priorities and identification and allocation of resources
- Work closely with the Executive Director/ Deputy to ensure the implementation of key Directorate priorities and corporate actions
- Work closely with Senior Responsible Managers to manage and support modernisation and improvement programmes
- Develop and manage a modern and effective business management function for the directorate building on best practices to ensure quality of delivery and consistency of approach and good governance.
- Coordinate the reporting of performance management information required to manage Directorate effectively
- Ensure that the Directorate can maximise strategic opportunities between divisions and other directorates within the organisation.
- Develop/Co-ordinate Directorate audit plans/processes and support and monitor the implementation of recommendations
- Develop and implement risk management processes that are consistent across all services
- Develop and implement business continuity plans, identifying issues and supporting mitigation
- Facilitate the procurement process for large expenditure including capital and revenue
- Assist and advise the directorate in relation to service changes/ improvements, cross directorate/ organisational working and strategic developments.
- Develop strong and effective relationships internally and with key external agencies, including; Welsh Government, local authorities and Health Boards
- Ensure appropriate links between Directorate and Corporate process for assurance and governance
You will have;
- A Master's degree or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant area e. management/ business Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) including in key management areas i. finance, human resources, governance, project management.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing a high performing team of people
- Demonstrable experience of leading a business planning function with performance management and budgetary control.
- Experience of leading or managing a significant programme or project of work Significant resource management experience, including finance, facilities and personnel Evidence and successful track record of delivering successful service change and/or improvement
- Previous NHS experience would be advantageous
An ongoing temporary assignment covering a vacent permanent role.
Salary c£282-326 per day paye or £316 - £366 Umbrella company
Home working during lockdown