Finance Analyst (Commercial Modeller)
Michael Page is partnering with a high profile, FTSE-listed technology business near Reading looking to recruit a fully qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) Finance Analyst to join their expanding commercial team.
Michael Page is partnering with a high profile, FTSE-listed technology business near Reading looking to recruit a fully qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) Finance Analyst to join their expanding commercial team. This is a highly rewarding & progressive organisation which has seen numerous promotions within the finance function during 2021.
You will lead a variety of projects and will develop, implement and embed robust financial models & analysis across the business. As part of this role you will guide senior stakeholders and business leaders to make financially sound decisions, supporting the strategic goals of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to directly lead on improving efficiencies, whilst implementing and embedding best practice financial modelling throughout the business. You'll also work closely with the Head of Commercial Finance and wider business stakeholders on new bids, deal and tender opportunities and other strategic projects as guided by business leaders.
- Driving the design, development, implementation and embedding of robust financial models across the business and for specific bid opportunities
- Business partnering - you will work with and support stakeholders across the business providing key financial information and analyses to departments including strategic sales and marketing, operations and project teams
- Bids and proposals - you will support the preparation of bids and proposals by working with the sales and bids team, and providing information and decision support to them with financial decision-making
- Data analysis - you will prepare regular reports and ad hoc analyses, prepare draft commentaries and forecasts and make recommendations from them.
Other key areas of focus will include:
- Performance and process improvement
- Providing business analysis & insights
- Strategic business planning
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Financial & commercial modelling
- Ensuring robust financial controls and compliance frameworks are maintained
- Management Reporting
We are keen to hear from:
- ACA qualified Accountants/Auditors from the Big 4 a top 20 accounting firm background looking to make a first move into industry
- Finance Analysts/Business Partners (CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified) seeking a new challenge in a successful, fast-paced organisation which is going through an exciting phase of transformation.
- Newly qualified or 1-3 years PQE ideally
Candidates will need to be commercially-minded with excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate well with senior stakeholders. Outstanding time management and organisational skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, is essential.
- Attractive basic salary up to £60,000 + Annual Bonus + Extensive benefits package
- Opportunities to progress to leadership in the future
- Scope to influence financial decision-making and shape processes & procedures
- Business-wide influence and interaction with numerous key stakeholders
- Potential first step into industry and commercial finance for ACA/Audit/Practice background candidates