Head of Risk & Compliance
Your new role
Your new role will be to establish a comprehensive and effective compliance and risk control framework that supports the business' fast-paced changing landscape, with a focus on operational excellence and customer centricity. This is a green-field opportunity for a dynamic and decisive Risk Professional to have a huge impact within a rapidly growing business.
- Setting a risk and compliance framework. in line with the organisations principles and culture and promoting the Risk Culture across the organisation, so that it is at the forefront of all employees' minds.
- Directly managing a small team
- Horizon scanning to increase awareness of risks affecting the business.
- Mapping all relevant risk, control and compliance requirements against the operating model
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations, whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and offering appropriate solutions
- Conducting monthly risk reviews with selected departments and business partners, documenting shortcomings and proposing detailed remediation plans;
- Managing the risk register, reporting into the weekly Ops Meeting. Ensuring senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the business
- Presenting to the Finance & Risk Committee meeting on a monthly basis with recommendations for remediations
- Being the responsible individual for all policies on risk and compliance and proposing improvements to manage risk.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have successfully implemented a new Risk & Compliance framework into an organisation(s) in the past and have broad risk and compliance experience gained within an international, regulated environment. In addition, you will have the ability to balance commercial considerations against risks, finding practical solutions to mitigate risk.
- Above all, you need to thrive working in the fastest paced, constantly changing, entrepreneurial environment and culture; working at speed to make and implement decisions as new information becomes available; working with the business to achieve what are often stretching targets or deadlines and having the resilience to adapt, push boundaries and work with change, not against it, in a positive and pragmatic way.
- You may come from any background such as finance, legal, operations or a pure risk & compliance background within a regulated environment - a formal qualification in your relevant field would be advantageous.
- Industry experience in Health-related/ Pharmaceuticals or a similar industry would be beneficial.
- You will need to be available to start a new role at relatively short notice - up to a maximum of 1 months' notice.
What you'll get in return
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up organisation and make a real contribution to their success.
On offer is a competitive salary, a great company culture along with a range of employment benefits.
This role will be highly visible within the business raising the profile of risk across the organisation.
The successful candidate will therefore need to work in the Farnborough office on a hybrid working arrangement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.