Group Financial Accountant
Brilliant opportunity for a highly ambitious Big 4 / Top 10 trained ACA qualified accountant to join a high-growth, acquisitive, PE-backed, International Tech business as Group Financial Accountant. The role can mainly be based from home, with probably 2-3 times trips to the office a month (you can go to the Office as much as you’d like, if you’d prefer) meaning candidates can be based anywhere across the North West. You will be responsible for leading the audit and corporation tax requirements of the Group. It is ideally suited for a self-starter looking for a dynamic role in a high-growth, fast-moving environment. There are no direct reports in this role although there is a strong team of peers across other group businesses so this role would need to be dynamic and versatile in managing tight deadlines and a multi-tasker.
Group financial reporting
- Preparation of monthly consolidated reporting
- Variance analysis of actuals vs. budgets and forecasts.
- Assist Group FP&A team in board pack preparation
- Attend balance sheet reviews as agreed within the team and consider any potential impact on Group results
- Maintain consistent accounting policies and procedures across the Group
- Implementation and management of new accounting standards (local GAAP / IFRS)
- Preparation of technical accounting papers when applicable
- Prepare statutory format consolidation, on a monthly basis, ensuring all eliminations are accurately reflected.
- Review of the basis of allocation, and management of group cost and management recharges
- Lead the accounting for M&A and debt/equity capital financing
- Opportunities for ad hoc divisional reporting as required
Legal, regulatory and statutory accounting
- Deliver all reports and returns as necessary to ensure the Group operates within the legal, statutory and regulatory requirements of the markets in which it operates.
- Lead the year end financial audit.
- Preparation of both consolidated and separate accounts for all companies.
- Work with tax advisors in the preparation and filing on annual UK tax computations
- Review of the current tax structure and planning for any future opportunities
- Develop and maintain the Group's transfer pricing policies and documentation for existing relationships across the Group and any new future transactions
- Actively participate in ad-hoc project within the business for example, improvements / upgrades to ERP systems.
- Improving & documenting existing and developing new processes
- Assist the wider group finance team as and when required.
- ACA qualified
- Strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP / IFRS
- Audit and corporate tax experience from practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of tax requirements (preferred but not essential)
- Deadline driven with excellent time management and attention to detail
- Possess and demonstrates real analytical skill and can apply a logical approach to new challenges
This is a brilliant opportunity so apply now for immediate consideration.
Apply for Group Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly