I am currently representing a top 20 accountancy firm based in Surrey who, due to growth are looking for an Accounts Manager reporting directly to Partners. The position will be to assist with reviewing and finalising accounts preparations, management accounts and VAT returns as well as managing your own portfolio of clients.
Duties will include:
- Practice management -
- Time sheets processing, and monitoring of colleagues time
- Billing targets and drafting of billing for partner approval
- Budget management to ensure good recoveries
- Responsible for overseeing bookkeeping, monthly management accounts preparation and year end accounts preparation for portfolio clients from various sectors and various types: Ltd, LLP, information to client in timely manner, more detail below.
- Management accounts -
- Aged debtors & creditors analyses
- Budgeting and forecasting - using of excel modelling and apps such as Spotlight.
- Trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheet preparation
- Variance analysis
- Projects profit and loss analysis, preparation of cash flow
- Accounts Production -
- Year-end processing
- Preparation of the abbreviated account and full accounts to directors including management information
- Preparation of CT600 and tax computation liaising with the tax department
- Preparation of consolidated accounts
- Liaising with audit team for clients requiring an audit.
- Taxation -
- As portfolio manager, being involved in over view of self-Assessment returns for owner managed clients, liaising with the tax team.
- Personal tax planning and tax planning for companies
- Budgeting and forecast
- Experience of completing private company financial statements
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience - managing and delegating work to juniors
- Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
- Knowledge of law: FRS102 and Companies Act 2006
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA fully qualified ideally
The Accounts Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of following software preferred: Iris, Xero, Receipt bank, Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Self- starter
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today.
Apply for Accounts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly