Group Finance Manager
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by one of our newest clients, a large UK subsidiary of a multinational group based in the Manchester area, as they look to appoint an ambitious and qualified Group Finance Manager, following a recent restructure.
Ideal for a 1st time move from Audit (Manager level) or a 2nd time move in industry, our client has a plethora of talent within the finance department, offering full support and providing a sound platform for the individual to flourish within the (promote from within) business culture.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Finance Manager will be expected to review existing processes, implement and drive change in line with the company guidelines.
- Manage the process and be responsible for production of Annual Group Statutory Reporting Packs for Group Reporting.
- Management of the year end group audit process and statutory external audit process.
- Be the key liaison for the external auditors, particularly on the production of schedules backing up the figures in the statutory accounts and Group Reporting Packs.
- Draft and produce the statutory accounts for the various consolidations and subsidiaries consisting of holding, trading, financing and dormant entities as well as a number of LLPs.
- Undertake technical research and assess the impact of new accounting standards affecting the group.
- Produce and reconcile the monthly intercompany matrix for the UK group.
- Lead Annual Budget process with support of the Financial Controller, compiling Budget packs for Board with thorough analysis and attention to detail.
- Work as a business partner to the Finance Managers, providing them support where required.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the UK business and Group when required to make informed decisions around revenue, opex, cash and debt.
- Compile monthly reporting analysis including YTD and forecast for Head Office and SPV's, including variance analysis for internal management.
- Update cash management software tool for the monthly P&L and liaise with the Treasury team to update cashflows. Provide variance analysis for Group.
- Produce Quarterly CFO report including - P&L, cash bridges, Balance Sheet, accounts receivable, Capex, and provide commentary.
- Support Finance Manager's with quarterly Joint Venture Board packs
- Support Finance Manager's with quarterly Bank Compliance queries and ad-hoc analysis.
The ideal candidate will be a practice trained ACA/ACCA finance professional with a detailed knowledge and understanding of IFRS/FRS101 and their application in a Group environment. You must also have good experience of financial modelling and interpreting large amounts complex data.
Candidates with experience of working within a group environment and exposure to consolidations will obviously hold a distinct advantage however, any good technical / audit trained finance professionals will also be considered.