Head of Financial Control
Head of Finance, London, Engineering Sector, Fixed term Contract
Senior, technical reporting role for a large engineering business. Working within a large high calibre central finance team you will. The role holds overall responsibility for financial management across the project. You will be responsible for the business planning, statutory reporting and all core finance activities for the business.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and updating a strong internal control environment to ensure integrity and timeliness of period-end reporting.
- Ensure that Direct and Indirect Costs are accurately reported on and forecast every period and that high-quality analyses are produced in a timely and efficient manner to support effective decision making and the production of reports required under the project agreements.
- Support the team in providing robust, accurate and reliable cash flow forecasts which stand up to challenge from the Sponsors in order to facilitate the periodic drawdown process.
- Produce the annual Financial Statements and work with the external auditors
- Manage the production of the Workforce Plan including ensuring all Directorate assumptions are aligned, forecasts are robust and complete, and that costs are challenged and reviewed for efficiencies and duplications.
- Managing the purchase to pay process to ensure compliance with best practice and that all payments are accurate and valid, and that, subject to the over-riding requirement to apply all financial controls, payments are made on time in line with contract commitments and government policy.
- Work alongside the Head of Programme Finance to ensure key insights and explanations are obtained for Direct cost variances to forecast and demonstrate challenge to the project teams with regards to the completeness, validity and accuracy of their reporting.
The person we are looking for will have some of the following:
- An excellent academic record and a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA)
- Previous roles with a focus on financial control and reporting, not just management accounting
- Knowledge of producing statutory accounts and dealing with auditors
- Ability to pick up lots of different dimensions of finance, it’s quite a wide ranging role
- Someone who can respond quickly to urgent requests whilst making sure the day to day isn’t disrupted
- Absolute commitment to completing tasks to deadlines, with the ability to work under pressure.
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company - through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.
Apply for Head of Financial Control
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly